So, I’ve been using WEN Cleansing Conditioner for a good six months now and I love it! I started using it around the time that I took my platinum brown hair back down to brown because I wanted to get my hair as healthy as possible. I usually buy it from Amazon since I get free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime. This way, I can just order it when I need it and not be on an auto-ship program like the Wen Website offers. The other cool thing about buying from Amazon, is that I can try different varieties each time. This last time when I reordered, I decided to give the Wen SixThirteen a try, and it is pretty fabulous. It’s similar to regular Wen, but it is thicker and heavier. It leaves my hair so soft and silky.
So What Is Wen SixThirteen?
Wen SixThirteen is a daily cleansing treatment that also deep conditions the hair at the same time. This formula is infused with 11 different amino acids that restore strength and elasticity to the most damaged hair, along with a unique combination of 25+ natural oils and extracts. This product does not contain any sulfates, wheat or nut, making it ideal for sensitive skin.
How Do I Use It?
Rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water and then completely saturate the hair with the Wen SixThirteen treatment. Depending on the length of your hair, you will want to use between 8 and 24 pumps. I just go by feel and make sure that my hair feels completely saturated. Using a small splash of water, you will want to massage the treatment into your scalp for a few minutes and then comb it through to the ends with a wide-tooth comb. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then rinse completely with cool water. To use as a deep conditioner, let it sit for longer. If your hair is extra damaged, you can put 1-2 pumps in towel-dried hair as a leave-in conditioner. Since my hair is so fine, that option does not work for me. FYI, you can also use it as a shaving cream.
What Are The Ingredients?
According to the Wen Website, the key ingredients of Wen SixThirteen are:
- Abyssinian Oil: Derived from seeds of the Abyssinian cabbage plant, it is known to moisturize, hydrate and condition.
- Acai Fruit Extract: Contains antioxidants, amino acids, essential omegas and protein.
- Aloe Vera Leaf Juice: Healing and moisturizing. Contains antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Amino Acids: The building blocks of protein, our unique blend works as a conditioning and hair strengthening agent.
- Bamboo Extract: Helps bind moisture to the hair while adding shine and luster.
- Clove Flower Extract: Used for its soothing and aromatic properties.
- Collagen (Marine Kelp): Strengthens hair and helps create an overall fuller appearance.
- Ginger Root Extract: Helps reduce inflammation and increase blood circulation.
- Ginseng Extract: A hair conditioning agent, it contains essential oils, peptides, and vitamins.
- Goji Berry Fruit Extract: Helps promote healthy hair growth.
- Honey Extract: Used as a fragrance and emollient, helps keep skin velvety and supple.
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein: Derived from the soya bean, increases hair strength and manageability.
- Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein: Aids in conditioning, repairing and protecting the hair and skin.
- Lemon Fruit Extract: A natural purifier, cleanser and astringent.
- Linseed Oil: this essential fatty acid helps promote healthy hair growth.
- Loquat Leaf Extract: Known for its anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. Tests have also shown it to promote hair growth.
- Organic Evening Primrose Oil: Helps to prevent hair loss and nourish the scalp.
- Organic Jojoba Seed Oil: Used as a hair conditioner and emollient.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide-70: Enhances collagen production while moisturizing and softening.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: A soothing and regenerating peptide that increases skin firmness and tone.
- Rice Bran Oil: Helps improve dry, brittle hair. Contains 4x the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids than other vegetable oils.
Do I Recommend This Product?
Absolutely. No, I would be careful. Read about the new Wen class action lawsuit.
Have you tried this product before? I’d love to hear about your experience in the comments section below!