Hair stencils are the newest, coolest trend to hit the scene and they are steadily growing in popularity. With this simple tool, you can create so many amazingly diverse looks. You can amplify any hairstyle and express your creativity. And the best thing of all is that it’s so simple for anyone to do. Learn all about it right now…
How To Use Hair Stencils:
- To create this look, you literally just need to get some spray-on temporary hair color and some stencils. You can also use hairspray and eyeshadow, or another form of temporary hair color (hair chalk, etc.)
- Create the hairstyle that you want to stencil. Stenciling looks equally good on short or long hair. Just make sure that your hairstyle is perfectly in place before stenciling it. If you have to restyle your hair, you risk losing the stencil. Word to the wise: hairspray is your friend.
- If you have a friend that will help you, that might make things easier (especially if you want to stencil the sides or back of your hair). It also helps to use stencils with a sticky back to stick to your hair.
- If you are stenciling free-flowing hair, make sure it is smooth and straight and remember to hold it in place.
- To use the hairspray/eyeshadow method, just spray where the hair is uncovered by the stencil and pat eyeshadow on with a brush. You will probably have to do this in layers for the best effect.
- To use the spray color, just hold the stencil up, while spraying the color over it. Be careful of overflow, and remember that it might be helpful to use a large stencil with this method.
Here are a few different ways to stencil your hair:
Some More Examples of Hair Stenciling:
What do you think of hair stencils? Are you gonna give these a shot sometime? I’d love to read your feedback in the comments section below…