This post was a little tough for me to write.  In fact, it took me about 2 months to finish it, because I didn’t want to see the evil truth.  It turns out that most hair products contain a lot of horrible ingredients, even the professional products that I have used for years.  But for the sake of the article, I have narrowed it down to the top 10 worst ingredients used in hair products.

You won't believe the types of ingredients they use in everyday items! Check out the top 10 worst ingredients in hair products.

Are you ready for some science-talk and big words?…  Because I sure am!  However, I want you to remember that if you look for it, you can find bad in everything.  I think a lot of these ingredients are probably safe on the small levels we use them in, but it isn’t 100% certain.  I just want you to have an open mind when you read this.

Now, on to the worst ingredients found in hair products….

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

7 Comments on The 10 Worst Ingredients In Hair Products

1. Vicki
    August 4, 2015 at 7:24 AM (2 years ago)

So give us a list of recommend hair products that don’t contain any of those things…

2. kanesha
    October 20, 2014 at 8:29 PM (3 years ago)

Thanks for posting. This was very helpful.

3. Lavoire Beauty Co.
    October 30, 2013 at 4:33 AM (4 years ago)

Great list. Thanks for posting this information.

4. Anonymous
    July 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM (4 years ago)

this stuff can be scary

5. x
    May 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM (4 years ago)

“Prevalence” of puberty is not the correct term. Prevalence is the number of cases within a population. Everyone eventually hits puberty.

6. Joanne
    August 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM (5 years ago)

Hollee,
    Two things. First, after reading this I am really happy with my shampoo and conditioner. They rock! Secondly, I can read this from a chemist’s point of view and I can tell you that the amount of these chemicals that go into the products is very small, BUT some of these chemicals are really bad! In the lab, we use gloves, goggles and lab coats. In the shower, we are naked. Dioxin and PEG are the worst. I’m actually really surprised these chemicals are in shampoo and/or conditioner. I’m glad you wrote this. I feel well informed on the subject now.

• HolleeWoodHair
      August 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM (5 years ago)

Yeah, its really crazy to see what they put in this stuff. It’s not even just shampoo. A lot of other things like toothpaste, soap, etc. have some bad stuff in it. I wish the companies would not go that far and care more about our health than money. I’m glad you liked it 🙂 Thx for reading<33