Have you ever wondered what the difference between an A-Line, graduated bob, inverted bob and all the other types of bobs were?  Have no fear!  In this article, I am going to teach you all about it.

Read about the Difference between an A-Line, Graudated Bob, Inverted Bob and Asymmetrical Bob on HolleewoodHair.com

Pages ( 1 of 7 ): 1 23 ... 7Next »

26 Comments on The Difference Between an A-Line, Graduated Bob, Inverted Bob, and Asymmetrical Bob

1. Savygal
    August 16, 2016 at 9:41 PM (2 months ago)

Yes, I believe they are the same. I luv the undercut bob. Every time I go to the stylist, she wants to give me a “stack” because “it is more modern”. I think the truth of the matter is an undercut bob requires skilled precision, which not all stylists have.

2. Jayla
    May 6, 2016 at 11:47 PM (6 months ago)

Aren’t asymmetrical and inverted bob haircuts similar?

3. Meag
    February 25, 2016 at 2:12 PM (8 months ago)

Thank you so much, I love this hair style. I’m thinking about trying hair style asymmetrical bob. Now I am thinking stay with my natural color or try something new. I was inspired with some good photos. I’m planning to choose red color for my heir… or not)))

4. Roxanne
    February 11, 2016 at 5:33 PM (9 months ago)

I SO AGREE! I want to get my hair cut like Miss Fisher in Miss Fisher Mysteries, and I don’t know how to describe it. I’m searching for photos on the web so I can tell them what I want. I have long hair and want to get it right the first time – PLUS I have curly hair (easily straightens though). So this article was very timely!

5. cj
    January 26, 2016 at 8:44 PM (9 months ago)

I can totally relate – have a ‘fix it’ haircut tomorrow from a bad haircut trying to achieve this hairstyle last week. Such a bummer. Now it’s going to be a LOT shorter than I want. Sheesh!

6. Damion
    September 19, 2015 at 10:10 AM (1 year ago)

However, for those that can, short hair is stunning.
    A large decorative clip, a flower, or other hair accessory can then be
    added. Its all natural, we ccan use makeup like eyeliner and mascara only tto enhance our
    natural beauty but for the most part nafural beautty
    is all about using what God gave us.

7. Vic
    September 16, 2015 at 11:16 AM (1 year ago)

I have the same problem! I recently moved and have had three awful hair cuts in a row. None of them know how to do any type of bob cut, apparently. But they SAY they do. Don’t they teach that in beauty school???

8. Hollee Wood
    August 20, 2015 at 8:40 PM (1 year ago)

I think that would looks really cute! It depends on what kind of look you are going for but I would recommend keeping the layers on the longer side. Hope it helps

9. Barbarina
    August 20, 2015 at 7:49 PM (1 year ago)

Would a layered Bob look right on someone with slightly curly/wavy hair? My hair is dry and so I put oil in it to help with the frizz. But soon I’ll be having surgery and will be layed up for two months and would like something that won’t be too difficult to handle.

10. janis
    August 14, 2015 at 11:29 AM (1 year ago)

Nobody knows what i mean either! They all waot to cut it too short on top and bangs too short, and endr up like an old women’s cut.

11. Charly
    July 28, 2015 at 12:33 PM (1 year ago)

Thank you for explaining this so well. I have always known what I wanted and have tried to explain it to the gal who cuts my hair and it comes out wrong. So now I am trying to grow my hair out again and know exactly what to ask for next time!

12. piyu28
    July 26, 2015 at 11:14 AM (1 year ago)

Thankyou so much for the information. Last time I told my hairdresser for A-bob(angled bob) .he just messed up and ended up giving me assymetrical one.you are right, it does looks ugly.this time I am going to make him read this article 👏

13. Ruth gibson
    July 1, 2015 at 4:02 PM (1 year ago)

Why is the inverted bob referred to as inverted? It doesn’t all go forward, so why called Inverted?

14. Marilyn
    April 30, 2015 at 6:01 AM (1 year ago)

Filled would mean a bob that is non-layered or solid.

15. Marilyn
    April 30, 2015 at 5:57 AM (1 year ago)

Sorry to say there are hairdressers out there that do not know the difference between a stack, graduation and the original A line. You did a great job of describing the difference.

16. Hollee Wood
    March 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM (2 years ago)

Asymmetrical bob?

17. aparna
    March 13, 2015 at 6:42 AM (2 years ago)

what is the name of the haircut with with short hair on one side and long hair on the other side?

18. Hollee Wood
    February 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM (2 years ago)

I have never heard that term! I would imagine “filled” means the same thing as stacked… Maybe?

19. Meagan May Shannon
    February 17, 2015 at 11:12 PM (2 years ago)

What’s a filled Bob then?

20. Tabatha
    January 30, 2015 at 8:11 PM (2 years ago)

Thank you so much, i love this hair style and I’ve had it before but last time this chick had no idea what i wanted. I explained long in front, stacked in the back. I ended up with the stack in the back and butched in the front, shorter than chin length, so i have not had my hair cut since but now that I have this info I am going for it again! Thanks again.

21. Angie Wallace
    November 21, 2014 at 7:59 AM (2 years ago)

what is the name of the shorter haircut where it is shaped into a “V” at back and goes into a point at sides?

22. Hollee Wood
    August 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM (2 years ago)

That is a really good question! Stacked basically means layered but they are really short layers that are shaped with the haircut so they “stack up” higher. The more stacked the layers are, the higher up they will go.

23. Vicki
    August 15, 2014 at 10:32 AM (2 years ago)

What’s difference between layered and stacked?

24. Lin
    June 6, 2014 at 7:28 AM (2 years ago)

Thank you SO Much!!! for explaining this so clearly … my hair stylists were running circles around me and now (with your clear explanation), I know what to tell them to do/and what not to do! Thank you!!!

25. Anonymous
    May 3, 2014 at 1:18 AM (2 years ago)

Thank you! On my way to the salon. It helps to know the exact names of the style you want. Thanks again 🙂