Who doesn’t love random fun facts to pass the time? As a result of that assumption, I present to you this fun article called “50 Fun Facts About Cosmetics”…
Facts About Cosmetics 1-10:
1. The FDA regulates makeup along with food, over-the-counter drugs, and medical devices. Furthermore, the FDA can stop the sale of any cosmetic product at any time if they see it unsafe.
2. The word “cosmetic” comes from the Greek word “kosmos”, which means “of this world” or “worldly”.
3. Since you wash your hands more than your face, it isn’t good to match makeup to the skin tone on your hands. This could probably make you chose a darker or more redder tone than your face.
- Women used to pinch their cheeks to give themselves rosy cheeks before blush was invented.
Ground fish scales are often added to lipstick and eye shadow to add shimmer.
Bubble bath, mouthwash and deodorant are all part of the cosmetics category.
7. The ancient Egyptians created the first cosmetics from copper and lead ore.
8. The first makeup was used when Egyptian women painted their eyes by applying dark color under the eyelid and blackening their eyelashes.
- In the olden days, people wore makeup to frighten enemies, show a social rank or make magic.
10. The founder of Maybelline named the company after his sister Maybel since she was his main inspiration to create makeup products.