Who doesn’t love random fun facts to pass the time? What’s a better way to pass the time than with 50 fun facts about cosmetics?

Who doesn't love random fun facts to pass the time?  Check out this cool article that gives you 50 fun facts about cosmetics!

General Facts About Cosmetics:

1.  The FDA regulates makeup along with food, over-the-counter drugs, and medical devices.  Furthermore, the FDA can stop the sale of any cosmetic product at any time if they see it unsafe.

1.  Bubble bath, mouthwash, and deodorant are all part of the cosmetics category.

2. “Hypoallergenic” means that the manufacturer feels the product is less likely to cause an allergic reaction.

3.  60% of 12-year-old girls use cosmetics.

4.  Keeping makeup out of sunlight prevents the sun from destroying the preservatives in it.

5.  The most common injury caused by makeup is scratching the eye with a mascara wand.

6.  The United States has the highest rate of cosmetic surgery in the world.

8.  Even though they seem to be the same, “dermatologist tested” does not mean the same as “dermatologist approved.”

9. The word “cosmetic” comes from the Greek word “kosmos”, which means “of this world” or “worldly”.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

12 Comments on 50 Fun Facts About Cosmetics

1. Bethany
    August 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM (2 years ago)

I had to get my 20 facts about whatever done very quickly and this website helped a lot. Than You!

• Anonymous
      June 2, 2017 at 1:56 PM (3 months ago)

same!

2. Lauren Ward
    May 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM (4 years ago)

This blos pretty interesting and I like your post but your 1st fact and 25th fact contradict each other and your 12th fact is untrue, marketing laws mean that manufactuers can label a product as natural even if only one ingredient is ‘natural’. Just thought I would point that out as this sayd ‘facts’

• sopia
      October 2, 2014 at 8:48 AM (3 years ago)

these facts are great and interesting to read

3. Yasmin
    March 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM (4 years ago)

Hi! These facts were pretty entertaining. I just want to ask permission if I could make a Youtube video about the facts mentioned here. Is that okay? Don’t worry, I will mention you & the website. E-mail me back, thank youu.

• Hollee Wood
      March 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM (4 years ago)

Yeah that would be awesome! Go for it!

• Arica Carruthers
        November 23, 2015 at 8:40 AM (2 years ago)

May I have permission to be able to make a big presentation on all 50 of these facts and then revise and edit them ? Don’t worry I will make sure to leave a space for you if you want to add more on or whatever you want to do.

• Hollee Wood
          November 23, 2015 at 10:16 AM (2 years ago)

You can use them if you want. ? if you have a chance to give credit to holleewoodhair.com, that would be cool 🙂

4. Amanda Moore
    November 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM (5 years ago)

In 1235, people branded Muslims with a swipe of poop on their face so that everyone could tell who’s religion was who’s.

5. Anonymous
    September 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM (5 years ago)

thanks i had a homework assigment so i typed in facts abot cosmetics and then this popped up so i clicked it and got done really fast!!

• HolleeWoodHair
      September 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM (5 years ago)

Awwww! Glad I could help 🙂

• Dante
      January 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM (5 years ago)

Oh my let me tell you I started using Bare Escentuals in January and have amoslt the entire collection now! I LOVE IT! You can start out with the starter kit, you get two foundations you usually have to mix them a bit to get the right color its so simple! You get Warmth which looks dark but it isn’t it just adds a natural sunlight look to you. You get Mineral Veil it perfects your look and gives you that smooth finish : )You get three brushes the brushes are unlike any other don’t try any imitations the B.E. brushes are wonderful! You usually get a starter DVD also you will watch it the first couple times you put it on I remember I panicked and thought Id never remember the order to put it on : )I put mine on a little heavier than the DVD suggests it works well for me.They are on QVC all the time, so check QVC for great deals : )I have amoslt all of my friends and co-workers wearing B.E. now we are addicted : )I think my favorite would be the Well Rested for your eyes no matter how tired you are you put that around your eyes and you look well well rested!Oh and the Bisque it covers trouble spots liver spots blemishes dark circles and other things : )It DOESN’T come off when you sweat its safe to sleep in!I cant say enough about this make up try it you will LOVE it!Oh and don’t panic your face might feel a little dry the first 3 4 days that you use it but it will go away!Hope this helps ~ B.E. NUT! : )