Who doesn’t love random fun facts to pass the time?  As a result of that assumption, I present to you this fun article called “50 Fun Facts About Cosmetics”…

Bored? Check out 50 fun facts about cosmetics!

Facts About Cosmetics 1-10:

1.  The FDA regulates makeup along with food, over-the-counter drugs, and medical devices.  Furthermore, the FDA can stop the sale of any cosmetic product at any time if they see it unsafe.

2. The word “cosmetic” comes from the Greek word “kosmos”, which means “of this world” or “worldly”.

3.  Since you wash your hands more than your face, it isn’t good to match makeup to the skin tone on your hands.  This could probably make you chose a darker or more redder tone than your face.

1.  Women used to pinch their cheeks to give themselves rosy cheeks before blush was invented.

2.  Ground fish scales are often added to lipstick and eye shadow to add shimmer.

3.  Bubble bath, mouthwash and deodorant are all part of the cosmetics category.

7.  The ancient Egyptians created the first cosmetics from copper and lead ore.

8. The first makeup was used when Egyptian women painted their eyes by applying dark color under the eyelid and blackening their eyelashes.

1.  In the olden days, people wore makeup to frighten enemies, show a social rank or make magic.

10. The founder of Maybelline named the company after his sister Maybel since she was his main inspiration to create makeup products.

1 23 ... 5Next »

11 Comments on 50 Fun Facts about Cosmetics

1. Bethany
    August 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM (2 years ago)

I had to get my 20 facts about whatever done very quickly and this website helped a lot. Than You!

2. Lauren Ward
    May 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM (4 years ago)

This blos pretty interesting and I like your post but your 1st fact and 25th fact contradict each other and your 12th fact is untrue, marketing laws mean that manufactuers can label a product as natural even if only one ingredient is ‘natural’. Just thought I would point that out as this sayd ‘facts’

• sopia
      October 2, 2014 at 8:48 AM (2 years ago)

these facts are great and interesting to read

3. Yasmin
    March 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM (4 years ago)

Hi! These facts were pretty entertaining. I just want to ask permission if I could make a Youtube video about the facts mentioned here. Is that okay? Don’t worry, I will mention you & the website. E-mail me back, thank youu.

• Hollee Wood
      March 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM (4 years ago)

Yeah that would be awesome! Go for it!

• Arica Carruthers
        November 23, 2015 at 8:40 AM (1 year ago)

May I have permission to be able to make a big presentation on all 50 of these facts and then revise and edit them ? Don’t worry I will make sure to leave a space for you if you want to add more on or whatever you want to do.

• Hollee Wood
          November 23, 2015 at 10:16 AM (1 year ago)

You can use them if you want. ? if you have a chance to give credit to holleewoodhair.com, that would be cool 🙂

4. Amanda Moore
    November 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM (4 years ago)

In 1235, people branded Muslims with a swipe of poop on their face so that everyone could tell who’s religion was who’s.

5. Anonymous
    September 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM (5 years ago)

thanks i had a homework assigment so i typed in facts abot cosmetics and then this popped up so i clicked it and got done really fast!!

• Dante
      January 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM (4 years ago)

Oh my let me tell you I started using Bare Escentuals in January and have amoslt the entire collection now! I LOVE IT! You can start out with the starter kit, you get two foundations you usually have to mix them a bit to get the right color its so simple! You get Warmth which looks dark but it isn’t it just adds a natural sunlight look to you. You get Mineral Veil it perfects your look and gives you that smooth finish : )You get three brushes the brushes are unlike any other don’t try any imitations the B.E. brushes are wonderful! You usually get a starter DVD also you will watch it the first couple times you put it on I remember I panicked and thought Id never remember the order to put it on : )I put mine on a little heavier than the DVD suggests it works well for me.They are on QVC all the time, so check QVC for great deals : )I have amoslt all of my friends and co-workers wearing B.E. now we are addicted : )I think my favorite would be the Well Rested for your eyes no matter how tired you are you put that around your eyes and you look well well rested!Oh and the Bisque it covers trouble spots liver spots blemishes dark circles and other things : )It DOESN’T come off when you sweat its safe to sleep in!I cant say enough about this make up try it you will LOVE it!Oh and don’t panic your face might feel a little dry the first 3 4 days that you use it but it will go away!Hope this helps ~ B.E. NUT! : )